|Zola Electric (former Off Grid Electric)|
Electric (formerly Off Grid Electric) is the leading renewable energy
brand in Africa, helping customers to light their homes, power small
businesses, stay connected and expand opportunities for work and study.
We are a growth-stage start-up that’s on track to light a million homes
in Africa with clean, affordable solar energy. ZOLA Electric combines
Silicon Valley technology with local expertise to offer African homes
and businesses a long-term solar solution to an unreliable grid.
are looking for a Data Scientist with strong experience in this
capacity. If you are successful, you will play a critical role as a
senior member of the product team and will help architect and lead the
implementation of our data analytics strategy of leveraging the data of
our systems to create more value for resellers, installers and end
users. You will work closely with electrical and data engineers, BI
specialists and the product manager. You will create a bulletproof
system that enables us to deliver business intelligence, data science
and new software features at an accelerating pace.
was founded in 2012, and investors include Tesla, Vulcan Capital, DBL
Partners, Helios Investment Partners, EDF, Total, and GE Ventures. ZOLA
Electric is a recipient of the UN Momentum for Change Award, the Zayed
Future Energy Prize and is a member of the Global Cleantech 100. For
more information, visit www.zolaelectric.com.
Data Scientist will play a critical role in designing and implementing
enhancements to our data analytics strategy. The position will involve
working with our Hardware and Software teams and external partners to
analyze the functional needs, translate them into technical requirements
and implement them.
- Gain understanding from domain experts on functional need from stakeholders and business problems or objectives
- Translate functional needs in technical descriptions how to collect, extract and analyze data,
- Drive improvements in efficiency, automation, cleaning, transformations, and error detection
- Introduce (machine learning) models to diagnose and forecasting tools based on designs
- Implement new models in engineering stack all the way into production
- Propose visualizations and embedding in the business process or products
- Being able to explain and communicate models to non-native data engineers
- Continuously explore data to improve models
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math, Econometrics or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in business, data analytics or data scientist role
- Expert-level SQL relational data experience
- At least 2 years of Python or similar experience
- Able to translation of business needs/requirements into technical requirements
- Able to build out data resources needed
- Excellent communication skills
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Time Management Skills
- AWS basics
Experience with the following is a bonus:
- Worked with distributed teams (Collaborative)
- Looker or other BI/dashboarding experience
- Deployment on OSS stack
- Different software building best practices, like Agile or Kanban working
locations are Lagos, Nigeria (virtual) or Arusha, Tanzania, although
this role can be fulfilled on-site and remotely. We have offices in East
Africa, West Africa, Europe and the western United States. You will
need to be available for working meetings and collaboration with
colleagues in these locations / time zones.
The post New Job Vacancy ARUSHA at Zola Electric – Data Scientist September, 2020 appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.