|CRDB Bank Plc|
CRDB Bank Plc is an African bank and a
leading Financial Services Provider in Tanzania with current presence in
Tanzania and Burundi, East Africa. The Bank was established in 1996 and
was listed on The Dar Es Salaam Stock exchange (DSE) in June 2009.
the years, CRDB Bank has grown to become the most innovative and
preferred financial services partner in the region. Supported by a
robust portfolio and uniquely tailored products, CRDB Bank remains the
most responsive bank in the region.
We are a collection of individuals who believe in excellence. We are
always on the look out for fresh talent and we hiring people who have
the drive to succeed and the will to implement the discipline required
to succeed. We focus on nurturing our team and providing our team with
an environment that is conductive to creative thought.
Career Opportunities: Project Manager ( 1 year) (223)
Req Id 223
Overall purpose of the role is to manage IT
projects across various functional domains. Project Manager will be
responsible for planning, coordination, managing, monitoring and
controlling of the various activities during the implementation and
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Overall Project Management
- Serve diligently as chairperson of the project working committee and secretary of the project steering committee.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear manner.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an on-going basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors,
and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their
- Manage project risks, issues, dependencies and
assumptions by ensuring proper recording, assignment, ownership and
timely escalation to the appropriate level of management where
- Monitor progress of the various project plans and institute corrective measures in the event of any deviations.
- Manage changes to project scope, budget, timelines and acceptance criteria in line with the agreed changed control process.
- Manage the performance of third party vendors and contractors.
- Control the project budget and provide regular reports on project financials.
- Review the project charter and business case and improve them where necessary.
- Establish the requisite resource requirements for the project and motivate for their allocation.
- Establish relevant governance structures.
the key project management plans namely integration management, scope
management, cost management, quality management, resource management,
communication management, risk management, procurement management,
schedule baseline, stakeholder engagement, and benefit realization
- Recommend the appropriate architectural style to meet the To-Be business processes and system requirements.
- Coordinate the design of the system architecture, including security architecture and integration architecture.
the review of the established future state (To-Be business process
definitions and maps, system requirements) and improve them where
- Coordinate the analysis to identify the difference
between future (to-be) state and the selected software solution and
identify ways to resolve these differences
- Coordinate the solution to determine the appropriate customization or refinements to suite the future state
- Coordinate the activities to define and estimate interface, data conversion and coexistence efforts
a detailed design of the future solution that is needed for the
subsequent Build and Test stage of the project. This should include
expanding the initial blueprint and preparations of the following
- detailed business design including renationalized product and business processes;
system design for customization and configuration of the selected
solution; and the detailed integration design for the interfaces, data
conversion and coexistence components.
Build and Test
- Coordinate customization and configuration of the selected solution.
- Coordinate the customization and configuration of the interface, data conversion.
- Coordinate preparation for the training program, operational manual, training materials and train-the-trainer programmes.
- Coordinate preparation and execution of system integration testing, operations testing and business solution testing.
- Recruitment of the Test Manager.
- Development of the test strategy and plan in conjunction with the Test Manager.
- Coordinate development of test cases and scenarios.
- Assemble and facilitate training of the testing team.
- Organize for availability of relevant testing resources e.g. testing environment, facilities etc.
- Responsible for planning and management of all logistics associated with acceptance testing.
- Oversee execution of system integration, functional and non-functional testing
- Recommend the deployment approach (i.e. Big Bang or Phased Approach).
- Planning and preparation of deployment and migration workshops.
- Plan and supervise several iterations of mock deployment and migration.
- Preparation of the go-live plan.
- Preparation of detailed cutover plans including fallback plans for all systems under the migration scope.
- Coordination and facilitation of the various deployment and migration workshops.
secure management and Project Steering Committee approval for go-live
including preparation and presentation of the Go/No-Go decision paper.
coordinate and oversee the actual deployment and migration including
physical transportation of in-scope systems to the new data centre.
- To organize all the necessary logistics (insurance, transport, packaging, security etc.) for physical migration of servers.
Post Deployment Support and Capacity Building
the design and embedment of effective post deployment maintenance and
support model and its dissemination to those responsible for subsequent
operation and maintenance of the system and environment.
development of a new maintenance and support structure in line with the
support requirements of the new system and environment
- Develop and implement relevant recruitment, training and upskilling plans.
- Provide for Post Deployment handholding support by various vendors.
- Coordinate review and execution/sign-off of relevant Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Facilitate project closure workshops and ensure lessons learned are identified and recorded.
- Produce a project closure report and secure its approval from relevant project executives.
People Management Functions
the performance of subordinate staff and develop and implement training
and development plans to ensure their performance is aligned with
business goals and objectives.
- Build a performance-driven team
by setting SMART objectives, constantly reviewing the department and
individual performance against these objectives and providing the
appropriate support, motivation and guidance to staff to achieve these
- Responsible for succession planning for key
positions, managing the attrition of employees and ensuring that a plan
is developed and executed for high potential individuals in the unit.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor degree in ICT or related fields with minimum experience of 5 years in IT Project Management.
- Successful delivery of at least 3 peripheral projects.
- Strong Vendor/Outsourcing Management experience.
in one of the following recognized project management methodologies or
its equivalent e.g. PRINCE2, PMI-ACP, PMP, SCRUM etc.
- Advanced understanding of banking operations and information systems
- Experience of working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines. Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including top management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to diffuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Ability to bring projects to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer centric and agile mind-set.
- Must be able to quickly learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION: APPLY ONLINE
The post New Job Vacancy at CRDB Bank Plc Tanzania – Project Manager appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.