is an acronym for Service, Health, and Development for People living
with HIV/AIDS. It is a national non-governmental organization,
registered on 21 November 1994 with registration number SO 8216.
SHDEPHA+ originated from the initiatives of fifteen people living with
HIV/AIDS whose goal was to create a network and to mobilize resources to
help people living with HIV/AIDS and to fight the spread of the
disease. Although originally focusing on people living with HIV/AIDS,
over the years SHDEPHA+ has expanded beyond HIV/AIDS and related issues
to other development interventions and now covers both infected and
affected by HIV/AIDS with over 65 branches countrywide. Each branch of
SHDEPHA+ works independently, developing, managing and implementing its
own projects; though all branches share one constitution and
SHDEPHA+ In partnership with FHI360, is
implementing a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s
Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for
International Development (USAID).The Meeting Targets and Maintaining
Epidemic Control (EpiC) project is dedicated to achieve and maintain HIV
epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance
(TA) and direct service delivery (DSD) to break through barriers to
95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by
improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. EpiC
will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and
priority populations, adolescent girls, and young women (AGYW) which
aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To
achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and
case finding strategies at community level among the targeted
SHDEPHA+Kahama is seeking a committed and motivated candidates to fill job vacancies below…
MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICERS (M&E) (2 Positions)
LOCATION: ARUSHA REGION (Arusha Cc, Arusha Dc, Meru Dc, Karatu Dc, Monduli Dc and Longido Dc)
CONTRACT DURATION: 12 months (renewable)
purpose of this job is to strengthen the health information systems of
Epic project to ensure the maintenance of high-quality program data.
This role is also responsible for capacity building of SHDEPHA+ Epic and
supported health facility staff on data management.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
in the implementation of data management strategies to contribute
towards the achievement of SHDEPHA+ strategic objectives.
in the development and maintenance of the documentation and data
management guidelines for SHDEPHA+ to avoid any breach of
confidentiality and to ensure that safety to all information is
- Review and approve data ground rules and database
design in accordance with the Standard Operating procedures and protocol
of the programs and the data department.
- Assist in the
standardization of data management procedures to ensure all staff adhere
to the same guidelines provided to them by SHDEPHA+.
data cleaning, back-up, design and programming of a clinical database to
ensure system efficiency and effectiveness in the project sites.
- Review, analyse, and validate program data through review of patient’s
files to ensure consistency, integrity, and accuracy based on project
- Carry out scheduled stress tests on the
different databases that are in use at SHDEPHA+ to identify any
loopholes that require to be addressed to ensure proper functionality.
- Query data inconsistencies and revise case report forms in compliance
with standard operating procedures, client guidelines and regulatory
agency guidelines to ensure strict adherence from all staff.
- Provide expertise in all areas of data management through weekly staff
meetings, workshops and training to ensure all staff are updated on the
current trends in data management and have the required skill to work on
- Conduct quarterly updates of the IT inventory from
the facility level to ensure all facilities are adequately equipped
with the necessary equipment to avoid any system downtime.
and build capacity of SHDEPHA+ program staff in the use of Data and
database for the monitoring of site’s performance and to address any
issues that may arise from non-performance.
- Review data
collection tools used against the required reports and provide advice
and assistance in the improvement of these tools to create efficiencies
in the system.
- Review monthly reports prepared by the data
clerks to ensure information provided is of high quality and timely
submission to the site coordinator.
- Run frequent queries for
extraction of data from CTC2 database as required for donor uses as well
as SHDEPHA+ for program improvement.
- Carry out quarterly data
verification and collection activities, upload the data into systems and
respond to urgent queries from staff, donors and partners.
and prepare monthly and quarterly data reports for analysis and donor
use and ensure that the information provided is accurate and of high
- Collaborate with Programme Officers Quality Improvement
to conduct Quality Improvement performance measurement from data
collection, data entry, and data verification to ensure data collected
from the facilities is accurate and of the standard required by the
donors and management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Communication Engineering, Communication, ICT from a recognized institution
- Three (3) years of relevant work experience
- Technical and Behavioural Competencies
- Knowledge of national laws and regulations governing pediatric AIDS services and operations.
- Experience working with donor funded organizations requiring community level engagement.
- Knowledge of relevant SHDEPHA+ donor requirements
- Ability to produce comprehensive reports
- Proficiency in the use of databases Skills in day to day activities
- Good facilitation skills and ability to deliver training.
- Discretion with confidential information
- Ability to gather appropriate information for decision making
- Ability to openly consult with colleagues
- Ability to set priorities accordingly
- Ability to speak up in the face of unreasonable requests
- Ability to apply new changes
- Ability to learn and retain new knowledge
Salary scale (1.3 to 1.6 million)
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its
selection and employment practices on the basis of Age, race, colour,
religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic
information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other
METHOD OF APPLICATION;·
· All candidates are required to mention the ‘Position Title’ on the subject line of the e-mail.
All applicants MUST attach cover letter and their updated Curriculum
Vitae with certified copies of academic certificates as supporting
documents to their applications.
· All applications should be submitted not later than 16:00 HRS on Tuesday, 13 October 2020
· For more information, Kindly visit our website: www.shdepha-kahama.com
The post 2 New Job Vacancies at SHDEPHA Tanzania – Monitoring and Evaluation Officers appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.