New Job at Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) – Tanzania, Logistics Coordinator | Deadline: 02nd November, 2020
|Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)|
in Tanzania 2020: New Job Vacancies at Norwegian
Refugee Council (NRC) 2020
Tanzania, Norwegian Refugee Council
purpose of the Logistics Coordinator is to ensure that supply chain
systems and logistics set up is according to NRC standards, and to
support programme/project implementation.
All NRC employees are
expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values:
dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes
and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | ZIPO ZA NECTA NA MOCK 1988 – 2019. BONYEZA HAPA!
Employer: Norwegian Refugee Council
Title: LOGISTICS COORDINATOR(TANZANIA NATIONAL )
Employment type: Contract
Percentage of full-time: 100
Webcruiter ID: 4301376029
Duties and responsibilities
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level and or country level
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements;
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis;
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents;
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings;
- Management of logistics team;
anti-corruption, transparency and cost efficiency focus in all
processes (e.g. in procurement, vehicle management, asset management);
- Ensure safe and efficient transport of staff and materials/goods;
- Recruit and train logistics staff and line manage staff with logistical responsibilities;
of logistics needs and establishment of logistics structures, functions
and systems in new field locations if/when required;
and obtaining of all resources (including personnel) required to ensure
smooth functioning of field logistics operations;
implement and maintain NRC Logistics systems, policies and procedures
and ensure that the logistics policies and procedures are consistent
with local government laws and good practice;
- Implement the performance management system for the logistics team;
- Coordinate with relevant partners, suppliers, authorities, RO Logistics, Partners and donor Logistics, etc.;
- Ensure that reports are prepared and submitted as required by NRC and donors regulations on time;
that country set up comply with Logistical Handbook, NRC policies and
donor requirements, including main office in Kibondo and other field
- Initiate and or maintain necessary leases, licenses and contracts with relevant authorities and suppliers.
- Conduct regular market surveys and produce a useable price list to be used by the user departments in preparing requests,
- Spearhead annual, biannual or triannual prequalification of supplies and service providers;
- Liaise with Security Officer to conduct an evaluation of Hotels in the Area for use for accommodation and conferencing.
induction of all prequalified service providers and other externals
working with NRC in logistics delivery on NRC methods and guidelines.
- Attend global and regional Logistics Seminars and impart lessons learned to the Area Logistics Team
- Ensure the Area has an Area Procurement Plan prepared form user departments procurement plans.
that the Warehouse, Fleet, Procurement and Assets data are up to date
and reflected in the Project Deliver ready for submission to RO by the
15th of every month
- Bachelor Degree in Logistics and procurement
- Minimum 4 years of experience from working as a Logistics Coordinator in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili, both written and verbal
- Experience with capacity building of staff and training
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
We can offer
Duty station: Kibondo
Contract period is for 12 months with possibility of extension.
to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of
conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Kibondo
work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and
long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for
people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving
challenges in the humanitarian, development and peace building sectors.
Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the
lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a
global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within
their own country.