We are a diversified standalone
African financial services group, delivering an integrated set of
products and services across personal and business banking, corporate
and investment banking, wealth, investment management and insurance.
Group Limited is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest
diversified financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries
across the continent and around 41 000 employees.
Absa Group Limited
is listed on the JSE and is one of Africa’s largest diversified
financial services groups with a presence in 12 countries across the
continent and around 41 000 employees.
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | ZIPO ZA NECTA NA MOCK 1988 – 2019. BONYEZA HAPA!
own majority stakes in banks in Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius,
Mozambique, the Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania (ABSA Bank in
Tanzania and National Bank of Commerce), Uganda and Zambia. We also have
representative offices in Namibia and Nigeria, as well as insurance
operations in Botswana, Kenya, Mozambique, South Africa, Tanzania and
Position: Markets and Treasury PTS Supervisor
Location: Absa House – ABT
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank
with regional and international expertise, a career with our family
offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to
reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
Assist with the
directing, managing and execution of post trade services in support of
Markets and Treasury trading; ensuring that services are executed in
accordance with the applicable policies, procedures and broader
governance and control framework. Trading supported may include trading
of Fixed Income, Currencies, Commodities (FICC) and/or Equities products
both in principal and/or in an agency capacity, where approved for
trading by the Markets/Treasury businesses.
Key responsibilities include:
– supervising specialist personnel in a highly regulated area of the business;
– ensuring accurate, timely and complete post trade service execution excellence; and
– driving delivery of key strategic initiatives.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Markets and Treasury are global businesses so the job holder will have both In-Country and Regional accountabilities.
oversight and guidance to ensure accurate, timely and complete post
trade service execution and related pre trade service activities.
Relevant pre and post trade service activities include:
- External account management (cash and custody)
- New and amended product approval
- Client and account setup and maintenance
- Client reference data setup and maintenance
- Transactional and life-cycle event affirmation, confirmation and settlement
- Fee and tax operations
- Client asset servicing
- Secure custody of source document and securities/collateral
- Cash, securities/stock and other reconciliations
- Related third party payments
- Daily Reconciliation of Treasury and Markets product with Product Systems Vs BRIANS GL
- Develop and implement snap checks, CPA and Risk assessment in Treasury and Markets PTS
- Make sure all the Maker and checker process in the Respective area is practiced and is in tight control.
- Actively participate in execution of trade service activities as a Subject Matter Expert and / or in a supervisory capacity;
- Ensure teams under management are aware of their responsibilities and are appropriately trained;
- Take accountability for all operational losses, cooperate in root cause analysis and implement resulting actions;
mechanisms are in place to continuously monitor automated processes
with well-defined issue escalation and resolution protocols;
and oversee system enhancements as applicable to the business ensuring
that specifications, pre-implementation testing and sign off are
completed in order to ensure that business and client servicing is not
- Initiate and oversee further control and process
re-engineering initiates which enable business, improve efficiency and
allow for increased trade volume and complexity; and
- Provide leadership and guidance to teams under management.
Together with regional office and risk teams implement and monitor
adherence to governance and control framework (15%)
- Provide input to, challenge and pre-approval of New Product Approvals prior approval by regional management;
all processes are documented/updated and ensure controls have been
updated to reflect any new controls introduced as a result of
- Carry out regular control
self-assessments in collaboration with regional office and risk teams to
ensure that controls are designed and operating effectively in line
with IB Operations Control Standard requirements;
- Ensure key
external risks /threats / changes which may have an impact on business
and have been effectively identified and communicated /escalated to all
relevant stakeholders and mitigating controls/process put in place (keep
abreast of local and international market developments/sanctions etc.);
with risk functions to prepare for Internal and External Audits, know
issues have been raised with action plans and all observations are
remediated within agreed timelines; and
- Ensure compliance to
policies, legislation, & regulations & that team complete all
mandatory training & attestations in timely manner.
Ensure that all internal and external business and regulatory reporting
is accurate, complete and performed in a timely manner (15%)
and review all internal and external regulatory reporting as required
by the market/business in a manner that ensures that the business is not
subject to regulatory fines;
- Ensure that business indicators
(including risk, control, operational, performance, client metrics) and
risk events are appropriately captured and reported on according with
established risk appetites, business and regional requirements;
that threshold breaches are escalated, implementing strategic controls
and process where required in order to mitigate risk; and
- Actively participate in regional and business operational committees and infrastructure risk review forums.
- Higher Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)