New Job Opportunity at Standard Chartered Tanzania – General Manager, Digital Banking & Client Experience
in Tanzania 2020: New Jobs Opportunities at Standard Chartered, 2020
Job: Retail Banking
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Tanzania-Dar es Salaam
About Standard Chartered
us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s
about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing,
better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | ZIPO ZA NECTA NA MOCK 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an
inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their
full potential and make a positive contribution to our organization.
This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client
Own and deliver Digital &
Client Experience Agenda for Retail Banking. This role supports Country
Head in formulating and executing Digital & Client experience
strategy for Retail Banking. This would involve digitization internally
and externally, client optimization, business transformational and
continuous improvement initiatives. The role is responsible for Digital
Model setting, End to End digital delivery, Service delivery
Optimization, Transformation and Continuous Client experience
co-ordinate and manage strategies to provide Digital & Client
Experience across all channels, differentiated by Segments and deliver
agreed productivity standards & benchmarks.
- Work closely
with region Digital Banking to manage country digital agenda including
delivery of online acquisition and digital banking KPIs
role strives to drive a good balance among Digital Banking, Client
Optimization, Client Experience, Efficiency and Effective control across
Channels, Products and Segments.
- Collectively own “deliver fast, friendly and accurate service” within the Client Charter.
localisation and optimisation of digital assets from departments before
timely upload into regional content management system
- Spearhead strong service culture across the organization.
- Establish client experience performance standards / targets in Retail Banking
strategic direction / key decisions relating to VOC, TCF, client
experience, operational capability, and re-engineering / process
improvement initiatives for Retail Banking Clients
Digital Segment is profitable. Achieve Daily, Weekly, Monthly and FY
Targets on all Digital KPIs across financial and nonfinancial areas
- Support socialisation of region and group analytics on a regular basis, articulating the country optimisation
- Drive ideation around country innovations and enhancements to both pre and post login experiences
with client insight collection and frontline co-creation by working
closely with the group Digital & Client Experience teams
- Continue to support the channel migration agenda while working closely with Branches
- Support country segment/product teams on digital facet of alliances and partnerships, while working closely with region
- Ensure any digital fulfilment of online signups is carried out in a timely manner through country Ops and digital Banking team.
SC through participation at local financial bodies, consortiums, and
where needed, strategically important regulatory forums
- Train digital banking team for efficient management across cultures and local realities
- Be the process owner for Complaint Management – set standards and drive delivery
- Embed Treating Clients Fairly (TCF) principles in organization culture and day-to-day
- business practices
- Be part of Business Governance forums presenting RB Client experience unit
with Segments, Product, Channel and relevant Functional Heads to
support the design, implementation, and maintenance of an optimized
integrated servicing propositions that will enable enhance client
- Digitize process and controls to avoid governance risks and provide efficient service to our clients
- Champion NPS planning, VOC – Lead the implementation of the actions arising thereof
- Manage the complaint handling process and TCF effectively to meet all internal and external requirements
for the efficiency and effectiveness of operations within the unit by
ensuring productivity standards are in line with competitive benchmarks
while aiming to reduce overall cost of operations.
People and Talent
- Strategically and execution ally align with regional Digital Banking team
- Ensure adequate resources are made available to the project and engagement of appropriate stakeholders.
- Provide overall direction and guidance to the team and help resolve emerging issues and priority conflicts.
- Steer both strategic design thinking, and execution
- Rally people around new processes. Hire the right team to drive Digital Agenda across the bank
- Lead team effectively and able to exercise influence and create followership
Inter-personal skills and ability to influence other functions and
Strong Communication skills – oral, written & presentation
- Career development and training self and team
- Manage Client Experience Group (CEG)
- Design and deliver robust control environment in complaint management, TCF areas
dashboards to track, review and discuss operating performance
challenges, service issues, mass errors, and capacity planning of the
processes along the client delivery value chain. Set and agree
appropriate action plan as required.
- Manage the trade-off between risk, cost and benefit, short and long-term vision to maximize overall unit productivity.
- Embed a risk culture that supports the Bank’s strategy and philosophy for the management of risk
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics,
including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered
Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in
letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the
Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [digital banking & Client
Experience team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct
Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Adhere to and Institute controls
- Report to the Unit Manager any adverse anomalies which impact the business as soon as this is known to you.
- Record and report suspicious transactions or Frauds that are encountered at the Unit.
- Ensure Anti-money laundering and CDD guidelines are followed within the Unit.
- Ensure awareness and adherence to all policies, guidelines, procedures and local regulatory requirements.
- Ensure adherence to the risk management framework.
- Read, understand and comply with all provisions of the Group Code of Conduct.
- Attend all required training
Retail Banking, Segment Heads, Product Head, Digital Head, Branch
Banking team, Banking Operations Teams, Country & GBS), Credit and
Collection team, WMPS Teams, Assurance teams. Marketing, Segment,
- Clients, Marketing Agencies, Partnership Firms etc
the Unit Manager and Head, RB Operations in implementing SCB policies
regarding AML/ CDD policies and adopting any imminent changes.
Our Ideal Candidate
- University degree or professional qualification, preferably in Banking and Finance
- Proven track record of accomplishment in the management of banking operations
depth knowledge and understanding of banking products and services, and
ability to structure and deliver customized solutions which meet
- Ability to engage stakeholders in constructive
dialogue, in order to improve own understanding and influence others
- Strong Operational and risk management background
- Strong people management & communication skills, especially ability to engage and motivate large teams
- Ability to analyse significant amounts of data and distil clear insights
- Relevant applications & technology infrastructure knowledge
- Understanding of the regulatory environment and practices
- Project Management and Change Management skills.
- Committed to driving own team’s progress and delivering agreed outcomes.
- Nurtures teamwork and collaboration.
the ability to blend the demands of managing day-to-day operational
activities with the necessity of maintaining a strategic view.
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to manage complex activities within the Bank’s matrix organization structure.
- Experience in budget development and budget management.
- Foresight with regards to workflow, staff capability and moral.
- Thought leadership in Retail Banking with appreciation industry products and developments
- Strategy articulation and execution
depth in Retail Products covering product development, acquisition,
portfolio and risk management, marketing and campaign management
- Deep understanding of in-market client product behaviors and life stages
- Strong appreciation and ability to balance tradeoffs between risk and returns to achieve RORWA and P&L targets
- Strong strategic acumen and execution capability
building and influencing – ability to build strong relationships across
internal and external stakeholders / partners
- Team leadership – Ability to inspire team to achieve targets while building bench strength
- Adept at succeeding in a matrix organization
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.