is an acronym for Service, Health, and Development for People living
with HIV/AIDS. It is a national non-governmental organization,
registered on 21 November 1994 with registration number SO 8216.
SHDEPHA+ originated from the initiatives of fifteen people living with
HIV/AIDS whose goal was to create a network and to mobilize resources to
help people living with HIV/AIDS and to fight the spread of the
disease. Although originally focusing on people living with HIV/AIDS,
over the years SHDEPHA+ has expanded beyond HIV/AIDS and related issues
to other development interventions and now covers both infected and
affected by HIV/AIDS with over 65 branches countrywide. Each branch of
SHDEPHA+ works independently, developing, managing and implementing its
own projects; though all branches share one constitution and
SHDEPHA+ In partnership with FHI360, is
implementing a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s
Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for
International Development (USAID).The Meeting Targets and Maintaining
Epidemic Control (EpiC) project is dedicated to achieve and maintain HIV
epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance
(TA) and direct service delivery (DSD) to break through barriers to
95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by
improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. EpiC
will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and
priority populations, adolescent girls, and young women (AGYW) which
aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To
achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and
case finding strategies at community level among the targeted
SHDEPHA+Kahama is seeking a committed and motivated candidates to fill job vacancies below…
DEPUTY PROJECT MANAGER (1 Position)
LOCATION: ARUSHA REGION
(Arusha Cc, Arusha Dc, Meru Dc, Karatu Dc, Monduli Dc and Longido Dc)
CONTRACT DURATION: 12 months (renewable)
SHDEPHA+ is looking to recruit Deputy Project Manager based in Arusha Region (To oversee 6 District).
Deputy Project Manager will be responsible for leading participatory
development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and learning of the
planned interventions in line with the assigned project objectives. The
Deputy Project Manager will double reports to the Project Manager and
FHI360 RPM. Coordinates people and processes to ensure that SHDEPHA+’
USAID EpiC project is delivered on time and produce the desired results
within scope and allocated resource envelope. She/he will also be
expected to work closely with SHDEPHA+ EpiC national and regional
programming team, as well as the regional innovation team.
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
Roles and Responsibilities:
i) Project Planning;
the project proposal, budget, targets, key performance indicators and
ensure that the planning is realistic (Measurable, Reportable &
Verifiable), both in terms of budget and implementation. Develop
detailed work plans and budget in coordination with the respective
partners as required.
- Assist project staff and partners to develop their plans in line with the required project objectives and deliverables.
the project team by providing longer-term vision, strategic direction
and appropriate planning aligned with SHDEPHA+ Organizational network
ii) Project Implementation;
- Review the project plans weekly, monthly and annually to ensure that
they are realistic, both in terms of budget and overall project plan.
- Work with the concerned staff and partners to ensure effective implementation of the project
review & track the project progress against milestones and take
corrective action where required, raising issues with the concerned
personnel as needed timely and professionally.
iii) Project Management;
- Promote and maintain effective partnerships with the partners and beneficiaries.
- Guide and lead the project team to achieve specific goals, objectives, and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) of the project.
that work is appropriately delegated, and staff members are empowered
to carry out tasks independently where appropriate matching their skills
- Ensure efficient project management procedures
are implemented to enable monitoring of projects and accurate reporting
- Ensure strict adherence to SHDEPHA+’ ethics, policy and pro-actively encourage transparency and openness in all activities.
financial resources of selected tasks and components while coordinating
with the SHDEPHA+ Finance officer regarding budget control and
- Networking with Government and
non-Government Organizations, and Private Sectors; Build strong
relationships with the government authorities and arrange field visits
and regular progress review meetings where necessary.
- Learn good practices from other organizations and reflect these in the project.
- Represent SHDEPHA+ in building and maintaining relationships and
partnerships with relevant service providers, government, national and
international development partners, local stakeholders and communities,
private sectors, and funder Partners representatives for effective
implementation of projects.
- Prepare project progress reports
(Monthly, Quarterly and Annual) based on a structured M&E framework
including a review on financial report and provide necessary feedback.
- In cooperation with M&E to Ensure quality monitoring data collection from the field and timely reporting.
iv) Staff Management
- Supervise, coach, and provide mentorship to the project staff.
- Assist in the recruitment of project staff (as and when required) Manage the performance of the project staff.
- Develop plans for capacity-building of the project team to enable the team to be more self-standing in the future.
- Support effective communications and joint working within the team and with other teams across the organization.
- Identify and discuss with Project Manager of any potential future
funding opportunities which present themselves in the country and
provide advice on their suitability and potential alignment with the
SHDEPHA+ strategic direction.
- Initiate and participate in
developing funding proposals Other Ad-hoc Tasks Be cognizant of the
wider implications of the project, working effectively with other
SHDEPHA+ functions in-in the region: Finance, Quality team and program
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor degree in a relevant field (Health, Community development,
rural development, Social Science, Management, Business Administration,
international development, Project Management etc.) At least five (3)
years’ experience in managing projects funded by international agencies
or development partners.
2. At least three (3) years’ experience in a management position with Local or international organizations.
3. Understanding of priority, key and vulnerable population programing and related policies and guidelines.
4. Track record of delivering project goals within deadlines and budgets across public and private sectors and with NGOs.
Demonstrable track record of effectively building and sustaining key
external and internal relationships at community, utility, and
governmental levels to realize project goals. Leading and managing
project teams of stakeholders including staff.
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work independently and lead diverse multi-disciplinary team, stakeholder management skills.
management skills including strategy, planning, setting objectives and
planning to meet those objectives, implementation, monitoring and
evaluation, budgeting, financial management and sustainability
analytical skills. Ability to define new projects, establish overall
scope and budget able to influence at senior management level, take a
strategic outlook and to manage change where necessary empowering
project staff and others to strengthen their capacity and capability
through mentoring and coaching.
- Excellent planning,
organizational and time management skills, able to work well under
pressure both proactively and prioritize a challenging workload.
communication skills: able to communicate complex concepts concisely to
non-technical managers both in writing and verbally and to provide
professional advice with confidence and tact. Motivating and developing
teams, including performance management and appraisals.
- Collaborative approach to partnership working in a cross-cultural context; a team player, with strong problem-solving ability.
(Salary scale 1.5- 2 Million)
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its
selection and employment practices on the basis of Age, race, colour,
religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic
information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other
METHOD OF APPLICATION;·
· All candidates are required to mention the ‘Position Title’ on the subject line of the e-mail.
All applicants MUST attach cover letter and their updated Curriculum
Vitae with certified copies of academic certificates as supporting
documents to their applications.
· All applications should be submitted not later than 16:00 HRS on Tuesday, 13 October 2020
· For more information, Kindly visit our website: www.shdepha-kahama.com
The post New Job Vacancy Arusha at SHDEPHA Tanzania – Deputy Project Manager appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.