New Job Vacancy at St. Joseph University in Tanzania (SJUIT) – Admissions Officer | Deadline: 06th November, 2020
Joseph University in Tanzania (SJUIT) 2020
St. Joseph University in Tanzania (SJUIT) is the
University owned by the Trustees of Daughters of Mary Immaculate and
Collaborators (DMI) and registered by the Tanzania Commission for
Universities (TCU). It is a renowned University in Tanzania currently
with three active colleges, two at its Mbezi-Luguruni Campus and one at
its Boko campus.
SJUIT has secured the position as the
“UNIVERSITY OF CHOICE”, when it comes to engineering, ICT, science
education, medical and paramedical related studies in Tanzania.
The University is intending to fill the following positions below immediately:
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | NECTA AND MOCK EXAMS 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responds to inquiries from the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU), students and other external agencies.
admissibility, transferability of credit, and residency for new and
readmitted undergraduate students; classifies and places students into
appropriate academic units.
- Visits schools and colleges, speaks
to groups and individual students, and meets with school officials to
develop partnerships between the University and other institutions
throughout the state; coordinates community workshops, retreats, and
on-site admissions programs.
- Advises students and families
regarding educational opportunities and options, admission and other
requirements, policies and procedures, transfer of credit, and
financial assistance, as appropriate.
- Maintains the institutional database of prospective/potential and current students in various Colleges of the University.
trends in student recruitment and retention programs; designs and
implements recruitment programs for targeted groups of potential
students, and develops strategies for program evaluation.
and distributes a range of resource and promotional materials designed
for the recruitment and retention of targeted groups.
- Prepares reports and proposals.
operating goals and objectives for the unit; implements and administers
methods and procedures to enhance operations, as appropriate to the
- Represent SJUIT in various meetings on admission organized by TCU and other agencies.
- Performs any other duties assigned by the management.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- At least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work
effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating
policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues.
- Knowledge of the broad spectrum of available university academic units, curricula, and programs.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Organizing and coordinating skills.
- Skill in using computerized systems and databases.
- Ability to design and write promotional material.
- Ability to evaluate student transcripts and/or records.
- Knowledge of university admissions policies, standards, and procedures.
CV Writing and Download, Cover/Job Application Letters, Interview
Questions and It’s Best Answers plus Examples. Click Here!
Method of Application
Kindly send your application (cover letter, CV and support letters from three referees) to firstname.lastname@example.org
not later than 6 November 2020. You may decide to drop your application
in person before the deadline at Human Resources Management Office,
SJUIT Administration Block, Mbezi-Luguruni Campus.
Only qualified and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further recruitment process.
Deadline for applications is 06th November, 2020.