in Tanzania 2020: New Jobs Opportunities at Standard Chartered, 2020
Job: Retail Banking
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Tanzania-Dar es Salaam
About Standard Chartered
us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s
about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing,
better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here
PAST PAPERS ZA DARASA LA 7 MPAKA FORM SIX | ZIPO ZA NECTA NA MOCK 1988 – 2019. CLICK HERE!
committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an
inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their
full potential and make a positive contribution to our organization.
This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client
The Role Responsibilities
Strategy and Business Management
closely with GM Digital Banking & Client Experience to manage
country digital agenda including delivery of online acquisition and
digital banking KPIs
- Steward regulatory and day to day requirements from country with informed filter to region digital banking
localisation and optimisation of digital assets from departments before
timely upload into regional content management system
- Work closely with senior stakeholders in the country and region to ensure business needs and expectations are being met
- Support socialisation of region and group analytics on a regular basis, articulating the country optimisation view
- Drive ideation around country innovations and enhancements to both pre and post login experiences
- Help with client insight collection and frontline co-creation by working closely with the group Digital Experience team
- Continue to support the channel migration agenda while working closely with Branches
- Support country segment/product teams on digital facet of alliances and partnerships, while working closely with region
- Ensure any digital fulfilment of online signups is carried out in a timely manner through country Ops and digital Banking team.
SC through participation at local financial bodies, consortiums, and
where needed, strategically important regulatory forums
- Train digital banking team for efficient management across cultures and local realities
of Standard service and solid operations support for the business
/Branches and leveraging on the Group network to provide a source of
competitive advantage to the bank
- Proactive and effective
engagement with business and segment heads and contribution to the
business strategy and rapid growth plans in the country
contribute to successful implementation of new projects by resourcing
the testing, training and supporting the post launch operational
- Provide Effective Leadership to the Proximity Manager
on ATM Management, governing Contracts with First Line Maintenance,
proximity Related Contracts with Managed Service Provider and Local
Proximity Related Vendors/ Service Providers to Ensure Sla Adherence
- Ensure Proximity Related Regulatory Requirements Are Met, along with Business Continuity through BCP/ Dr Testing is done
- Work With Relevant Partners eg, Vendors for ATM Installation and Connectivity
- Monitor and ensure Proximity KPI (Inclusive Uptime) Is met all the times when there is any challenges escalation done on time
- Monitor Reconciliation ATM Suspense Accounts at Country Level to ensure it is done as per the financial policy.
- Monitor the SLA with the Vendor on the outsourced ATMS.
- To ensure timely service delivery and transaction processing standards in line with agreed standards and best practice.
constantly improve upon service quality as measured through customer
satisfaction scores and customer complaint tracking / resolution
that all aspects of out serve plus initiatives are actively pursued and
delivered so as to achieve service excellence and customer satisfaction
and revenue growth
re-engineer systems and procedures and optimize productivity to meet
growth in volumes and increased service level requirements.
in place an effective System for data gathering, analysis and striving
to improve end-to-end efficiency / productivity for customer
- To ensure that costs are optimally managed within the unit and overall budgets are not exceeded.
- Ensure 3rd-party vendor relationships are effectively managed
People and Talent
- Strategically and execution ally align with regional Digital Banking team
- Ensure adequate resources are made available to the project and engagement of appropriate stakeholders.
- Provide overall direction and guidance to the team and help resolve emerging issues
- Steer both strategic design thinking, and execution
- Rally people around new processes
- Provide effective leadership and develop the talent in the Branches Operations team to support growth
individual learning and development planning, my Voice action planning,
succession planning, talent identification and development, and staff
rotations occur across Branches Operations.
- Responsible for
communicating Health and Safety messages to staff. Ensure Group Policy
on Health onsible for coordinating internal and external audit reviews
relating to the area of business – liaising with stakeholders to ensure
timely / accurate information is provided
ensure total compliance with laid down policies and procedures in terms
of compliance risk, credit policy, documentation, operational risk and
other Group / Regulatory control standards.
- Developing and
maintaining secure and sustainable control environment through effective
management of Operational Risks, Group and Country regulatory
guidelines, CDD, AML, BCP and others. Support /suggest the Introduction
of new system, procedures and controls to support them.
- To ensure that all regulatory and Group Sanctions policy are well policed and prevent any infractions.
/ Prevention of financial / reputation losses arising from frauds,
business interruptions and other breaches of security.
and monitor appropriate management controls, to ensure that issues are
tracked and escalated and appropriate actions are taken.
for providing guidance to the business on working towards an advanced
MCA, driving improvements in year-on-year average MCA ratings
the guidance and support from Risk Owner and Process Owner,
continuously identify and evaluate operational risks arising for new
products and new business, regulatory and thematic risks, and drive the
implementation of appropriate controls to mitigate these risks in
- Accountable for the development of control enhancements
to ensure any known risks are controlled within acceptable boundaries
and consistent standards
- Responsible for mentoring the business unit staff across all segments on business controls
for ensuring compliance with policies applicable to RB which impact
operational risk. Challenge processes, procedures, and policy if there
is opportunity for improvement
- Responsible for speaking out on emerging risks
- Responsible for identifying knowledge gaps, facilitate development of training on Operational Risk
in periodic peer reviews, subject to business need, to ensure
consistency of risk management approach and support the business in
embedding best practices
- Responsible for the effective running of Retail Banking Business Operational Risk Forum (BORF)
for ensuring adequate governance and oversight over operational risk,
through the escalation and appropriate resolution of relevant risk
exposures to the Country Non Financial Risk Committee (CNFRC) and
Process Governance Committee (PGC) as required
- Responsible for
escalation of issues, blockages, challenges and trends to the regional
lead, COO and business head when required
CHECK SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES TO STUDY ABROAD CLICK HERE!
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics,
including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered
Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in
letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the
Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [digital banking & proximity
team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles:
Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
with the SORO and country compliance team, review new or revised
regulations and implement new control measures and develop risk-based
control validation checks for implementation where required
Adhere to and Institute controls
- Report to the Unit Manager any adverse anomalies which impact the business as soon as this is known to you.
- Record and report suspicious transactions or Frauds that are encountered at the Unit.
- Ensure Anti-money laundering and CDD guidelines are followed within the Unit.
- Ensure awareness and adherence to all policies, guidelines, procedures and local regulatory requirements.
- Ensure adherence to the risk management framework.
- Read, understand and comply with all provisions of the Group Code of Conduct.
- Attend all required training
- Product & Segment
- Client Experience
- Marketing Agencies
the Unit Manager and Head, RB Operations in implementing SCB policies
regarding AML/ CDD policies and adopting any imminent changes
systems and procedures and optimize productivity to meet growth in
volumes and increased service level requirements
- Remain alert
to risk of Money laundering and assist in the Bank’s effort in combating
it by adhering to key principles in relation to CDD, reporting
suspicious, safeguarding records and not disclosing suspicious to
Our Ideal Candidate
- University degree or professional qualification, preferably in Banking and Finance
- Proven track record of accomplishment in the management of banking operations
depth knowledge and understanding of banking products and services, and
ability to structure and deliver customized solutions which meet
- Ability to engage stakeholders in constructive
dialogue, in order to improve own understanding and influence others
- Strong Operational and risk management background
- Strong people management & communication skills, especially ability to engage and motivate large teams
- Ability to analyse significant amounts of data and distil clear insights
- Relevant applications & technology infrastructure knowledge
- Understanding of the regulatory environment and practices
- Project Management and Change Management skills.
- Committed to driving own team’s progress and delivering agreed outcomes.
- Nurtures teamwork and collaboration.
the ability to blend the demands of managing day-to-day operational
activities with the necessity of maintaining a strategic view.
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to manage complex activities within the Bank’s matrix organization structure.
- Experience in budget development and budget management.
- Foresight with regards to workflow, staff capability and moral.
- Thought leadership in Retail Banking with appreciation industry products and developments
- Strategy articulation and execution
depth in Retail Products covering product development, acquisition,
portfolio and risk management, marketing and campaign management
- Deep understanding of in-market client product behaviors and life stages
- Strong appreciation and ability to balance tradeoffs between risk and returns to achieve RORWA and P&L targets
- Strong strategic acumen and execution capability
building and influencing – ability to build strong relationships across
internal and external stakeholders / partners
- Team leadership – Ability to inspire team to achieve targets while building bench strength
- Adept at succeeding in a matrix organization
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages. We welcome conversations on flexible working.