JOB TITLE: Accountant (1)
REPORTS TO: Senior Accountant
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam
Purpose of the post/Overall Responsibility:
The purpose of this job is to carry out the day to day operations of the accounting function to ensure the finance department runs smoothly in line with set policies and procedures.
- Process all invoices, checks, cash receipts and enter disbursements data into various forms and templates to facilitate payment of expenses and staff cash requests;
- Disburse funds from the office’s petty cash fund and prepare requests for reimbursement of the fund to ensure adequacy of funds to run day to day operational activities;
- Liaise with supervisors and managers to collect timesheets to obtain information on staff members’ worked hours;
- Liaise with suppliers on goods delivered and payments as part of reconciliation process as and when required;
- Deal with daily transactions for the petty cash to ensure that reconciliations are completed on a weekly basis.
- Ensure all filing is done in a timely and accurate manner for easy retrieval in case of need for reference;
- Support colleagues and team members with professional problems and provide expert input to build their capacity in accounting tasks;
- Provide professional and effective services to internal and / or external customers, to meet customer/staff expectations; and
- Match invoices from suppliers with purchase orders to ensure prices and costs are agreed in advance
- First degree in Accounting or related field, plus CPA (T) or its equivalent
- At least 3 years of experience and having an experience working with the donor funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of international and local organizations financial practices.
- Excellent budgeting and financial management knowledge as well as use and literate upon computer programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and Swahili, both verbally and in writing
- Having good knowledge in computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel, and experience using SAGE accounting software
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (not exceeding four pages) and names and contact information of three referees before close of business on Wednesday 25nd November 2020 to the Human Resources and Administration Manager, Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the title of the position in your email subject and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter.
AGPAHI is an equal opportunity employer, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The post Job Opportunity at AGPAHI, Accountant – NAFASI ZA KAZI appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.