V30 Cubex Driller
This position is responsible in carrying out Underground V 30 Cubex service & slot holes as well as some production drilling of various sized holes, and other tasks directed by the Shift Supervisor.
African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) is an international leader in mechanized hard rock underground mining. AUMS is part of Perenti (Formerly the Ausdrill Group), an ASX 200 company and Australia’s second largest integrated mining services provider. We are a global leader in hard rock underground mining; together with Barminco we operate across Africa in Tanzania, Egypt, Ghana, and Burkina Faso and in Australia and Canada. We are driven by the continued success at our operations and exceeding our client’s expectations – both in terms of safety and performance. The collective talent and expertise of our workforce is the key to our success, and we are looking for talented people to join our business. We seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to our company values and dedicated to helping our clients.
In return, we provide state of the art facilities, equipment and technology. We look forward to receiving your application for the following positions.
Geita Gold Mine, Geita
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies with all HS&E policies, procedures and instructions. This includes the correct use of safety devices and protective equipment, prompt reporting of any hazardous situations, which they cannot themselves correct, making the necessary changes to eliminate or control the hazard and reporting immediately any accident or injury which arises in the course of their work.
- Complies with relevant Mines Safety Acts and Regulations.
- Takes reasonable care for their own safety and that of other persons who may be affected by their acts.
- Performs pre-start checks and SWICs.
- Ensuring inspections and maintenance is carried out on all equipment before use.
- Ensures that all tools are serviceable and safe.
- Must Work to minimize equipment downtime and maximize productivity.
- Must carry out standard work place inspection practices and procedures and prepare the areas for drilling, charging or scraping in accordance with mine safety procedures.
- Maintains a high standard of housekeeping.
- Liaises with the underground shift supervisor to:
- Ensure all work is done in a safe and efficient manner;
- Advise when items of equipment are out of service and when they can be returned to service.
- Supervises and trains operators and works with trades and non-trades persons carrying out other tasks in and around the underground mine as directed.
- Accurately drilling a series of Longholes to a design pattern using a mechanized drill.
- Reads and accurately follows mine instruction plans with skill and precision ensuring holes are drilled to design line and gradient.
- Communicate with surveyors, geologists and engineers to optimize drill patters and metres.
- Set up and troubleshoot on ITH Cubex drill.
- Assess face conditions at the start of the job and scale from height according to site requirements.
- Recording Information
- A demonstrated passion for safety and a proactive attitude toward ensuring that safety is front of mind for all employees at all times.
- Experience in training a national workforce
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the Underground Mining Industry.
- A minimum of 12 months experience solely as an Underground ITH Cubex Driller.
- Knowledge of Underground Mining Practices and the efficient operation of an Underground ITH.
- Highly organized and able to work efficiently with limited supervision.
- Experience with up and down hole V30 Drilling
- Basic First Aid
- Valid Driver’s License
- Completed secondary school
- UG RC drilling on Cubex drill
If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to AUMS Operations Team, we welcome your interest and encourage you to apply.
Only applications with a current Resume attached will be considered for employment.
Please send your CV along with a detailed covering letter via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application letters should reach the above on or before 30th November 2020, 18hr00.