Bulyanhulu Gold Mine
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Geological Technicians to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the geology department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Senior Project Geologist
Work Schedule: 7 Days Day Shift/ 7 Days Night Shift / 7 Days Day Off
Duration: 2 Years
- Follow all documented Health, Safety and Environmental Policies and Procedures, and ensure safe working environment; every person going home safe and healthy every day
- Completing inspections (prior drill site inspections, drill site inspection and drill site closure inspection), inspect drill sites available for drilling.
- Liaise with mining, electrical and ventilation supervisors for services require prior drill rig move to the new site.
- Ensure grade control face samples are delivered to the laboratory in a timely manner, sample submission forms are complete and accurate, samples are clearly labelled and in correct order, and QAQC samples are present according to procedure.
- Ensure haul truck operators acknowledge the correct stockpile dumping location of each truck load all the time to avoid ore loss/dilution
- Completing daily drilling logistics (working crew at work on time, safety gear and other consumables).
- Ensure an appropriate and sufficient stock of drilling program and safety consumables are available at all times
- Carrying out face sampling, core marking and orientation, drill core sampling, geological measurements, sample processing, dispatch and storage of drilling samples;
- Ensure the drill core samples are collected in accordance with the SOP including recording of all required information and routine quality assurance and quality control practices Good sample dispatch and reconciliation
- Ensure samples are taken / prepared to the highest standard prior to dispatch for analysis (avoid contamination, mixing and missing samples).
- Ensure the timely delivery of accurate geological data, knowledge, reports and documents, including daily and weekly reports.
- Contribute to the appropriate business outcomes by ensuring the timely delivery of accurate geological data, Good sample quality’ Good core recovery (reporting all irregularities to the management) Proper data entry and filing system
- Deliver timely peer and management feedback
- Perform any other duties as reasonably requested by the Mine Geologist and assist all surface drilling tasks (brownfield) as may be required.
- Ordinary Diploma in Exploration and Mining Geology
- Valid Driving License
Minimum 3 years working experiences in exploration/mining industry
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Good computer skills, Data mine software, MS office software and/or other mining software’s
- Knowledge in various sampling methods, core handling and logging
- Geological mapping, headings back marking and plotting of geological information in both plan and section.
- Knowledge of grade control practices
- Good communication written and verbal
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “GEOLOGICAL TECHNICIAN“ in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 21st November 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through https://ift.tt/2ZlmroM
The post Job Opportunity at Bulyanhulu Gold Mine, Geological Technician appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.