POST: HEAD OF PROCUREMENT MANAGEMENT UNIT – 1 POST
POST CATEGORY(S): PROCUREMENT & LOGISTIC MANAGEMENT
EMPLOYER: Shinyanga Urban Water Supply and Sewerage Authority, (SHUWASA)
APPLICATION TIMELINE: 2020-11-02 2020-11-16
JOB SUMMARY OTHER COMPETENCIES
Must have Strong negotiation and analytical presentation skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To manage all procurement and disposal by tender activities of the authority except adjudication and the award of contract;
- To support the functioning of the Tender Board;
- To implement the decisions of the Tender Board;
- To liaise directly with the Authority on matters within its jurisdiction;
- To act as a secretariat to the Tender Board;
- To plan the procurement and disposal by tender activities of the authority;
- To recommend procurement and disposal by tender procedures;
- To check and prepare statements of requirements;
- To prepare tendering documents;
- To prepare advertisements of tender opportunities;
- To prepare contract documents;
- To issue approved contract documents;
- To maintain and archive records or the procurement and disposal process;
- To maintain a list or register of all contracts awarded;
- To prepare monthly reports for the Tender Board;
- To co-ordinate the procurement and disposal activities of all the departments of the procuring entity; and
- To plan and execute an efficient procurement and supplies management system in the Authority.
- To prepare reports as may be required from time to time
- To perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Masters Degree in Procurement and Logistics, with professional qualification such as CSP (T) or its equivalent recognized by the Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technician Board (PSPTB) and must be registered as an Authorized Supplies Officer/Authorized Stock Verifier by PSPTB. Must have seven (7) years working experience in procurement functions of which four (4) years must be in a large commercial organization. Computer literacy, preferably in one or more financial accounting software is required.
REMUNERATION AS PER INSTITUTION SCALE
The deadline for submitting the application is 16 November 2020
The post Job Opportunity at Shuwasa, Head of Procurement Management Unit appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.