Senior Analyst: Margin Accounting
Joining Vodacom is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Role Purpose and Responsibilities
- The key purpose of the Senior Analyst – Margin accounting is to ensure completeness and accuracy of books of accounts and reporting as per IFRS.
- The senior Analyst will be a member of one of Margin accounting / ICO teams: There will be a close relationship with the other team members across Finance Operations, Business partners Shared services and Commercial.
- Manage all Intercompany and roaming accounts; Ensure the complete, accurate and timely accounting for relevant transaction.
- Manage Shared Services team execution of migrated activities within the agreed SLAs.
- Support the team in resolving operational process and control issues.
- Prepare month end journals and balance sheet reconciliations; Ensure end to end correctness of transactions by applying processes and tools to capture all the revenues and costs incurred.
- Work together with Billing and Revenue Assurance to deliver Margin Assurance dashboards to provide active insights to the business.
- Follow the escalation path and non-surprise management philosophy.
- Drive and support the business excellence/digital transformation roadmap; project manage the automation projects in the pipeline; support local market Get Well/Transformation/Roadmap plans; fully leverage S4HANA capabilities.
- Identify initiatives to improve Intercompany and Roaming accounting process.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of Receivables and General Ledger modules
- Strong analytical skills
- Computer Literate (Microsoft Excel and Word experience is essential).
- Attention to details
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Degree or Advanced Diploma in Accountancy or its equivalent
- Strong data analysis skills
- CPA qualification is added advantage.
- Financial Reporting
- Accounting – FinOps
- Financial Analysis
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
The post Job Opportunity at Vodacom, Senior Analyst: Margin Accounting appeared first on Ajira - Nafasi za kazi Tanzania 2019.